Monday, December 9, 2013

Collection's Ultimate Fix


Hi lovely readers! I am back again for another review. Sorry for not posting last week I have been busy lately. I have just recently used makeup and this is one of the few foundations I've tried. So yeah, let me start my review then.

Ultimate Fix Compact Foundation in Honey Php 249

Here are Collection's description of their product:

  • "Combines concealer, foundation and powder in one, making it even easier to achieve naturally beautiful skin"
  • "Contains SPF15 to care and shield skin from harmful UV rays"
  •  "Magically transforms from a lightweight solid to liquid foundation, and sets as a matte powder so your skin stays moisturised and looking shine-free for longer."

This is Collection's Ultimate Fix Compact Foundation in Honey. I want to start first with its packaging. It doesn't come in a box. Unlike other compact foundations like Maybelline, this one just has a plastic seal around it. Packaging doesn't really matter to me as long as the product isn't damaged. The compact itself is very sleek. It looks expensive to me even if it only costs Php 249. It isn't too small or too big, just enough to fit my medium sized makeup bag.

It comes with a sponge and a mirror.
The good thing about the compact is it comes with a mirror (which is big enough to see your face!). The sponge however, I am not a huge fan of it. I think it absorbs too much product that when I put the sponge on my face, only little product is left to apply.

It is creamy but finishes in powder form.

It doesn't really give much coverage which is okay for me even if I am suffering from acne. This looks natural on the skin but girls with acne like me, don't forget to use gel or oil free moisturizer so this will not look flaky on acne spots! And also, Honey looks a little dark but when I applied it on my face, it was a little white so I recommend that you pick a shade darker than your skin tone.

Not sure if you can see it. But here's the swatch!

I like that it is powder finish however, when you apply it on your face, it easily turns from cream to powder so you have to immediately blend it.

It conceals but just the small fading acne scars I have but the reddish ones, no effect. Still, I continue to use this one since I don't like wearing heavy makeup to school. I recommend this for people with good skin condition or those who doesn't need so much coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment